Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I just bought a CCU to the Crucible (from Aquila). Melted the Prospector for that; again (besides, plus a CCU Starfarer G). Poor thing :D. I'm finding the repairing concept very attractive, but currently can't afford her. So I'll get her probably mid of next year when my banking account says that I'm green to go again :D

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
For that kind of money you could buy a true "wing" of 6 Vanguard. Indeed I have been considering this. I haven't found a reason not to yet. It appears you might even take Polaris, Void Bomber and maybe even Idris with such a wing.
6 Vanguard Harbingers = 18 S4(?) torpedoes plus all the other assortment of guns Vanguards have.

Plus they have the rocket pod turrets, which would probably do a lot more burst DPS against a bigger target like the Polaris.

4 Gladiators and 2 Vanguard Harbingers would totally fucking wreck a solo Polaris if they catch it with its pants down. Gladiators (are planned) to be able to load 8 S5 Torpedoes(!!!!) a pop (4 in bomb bay, 1 on each missile pylon) . Or have one loaded for bear with S1 missiles out the ass and just Macross Missile massacre the Polaris carried fighter when it pops out while your other buddies torp it to death.

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
Interesting fleets...

I'm sticking to the original Hornet I bought in 2012 and the upgrade for it in 2013 I think it was. My only worry being its somewhat limited versatility in the beginning. But then I'll just puppy eye some other Testies :p

Until the game comes out... Then I'll try to get a fleet along the following lines:

- The ol' trusty hornet
- Long range fighter I'm not sure of yet
- 350R so I can fail in racing :eek:
- Hull C for those times I just want to space cruise and earn (simple) money, with my space-cat.
- Genesis, to relive my glory days in Freelancer Discovery as a large passenger transport that gets blown-up every 2 runs.
- 890J, because now I can blow-up in style! :cool:

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I was testing yesterday several ships.
But i always return to my Lancer (Dur).

Thinking about Hull B (single seater which would be cool) or C (more crew needed?) because i liked trading in EVE Online. (but maybe i will buy this thing ingame)

Aurora LN, maybe after speed changes are applied, further testing needed... .D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was tempted Sam, but I can't justify melting a fleet for a package that doesn't include a game package. So I keep my fleet. ;)
Just remember that it's fast and nimble...for a capital ship. This thing will make a fully loaded Tali look like an M50.

I'm resisting the urge to melt all but my Cutlass for it, but I love my Cat too much -.-

Take it off sale CIG, take it off!
Hahaha, PLEASE take it off!!

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
Ah, damn, I thought today was the "exotic manufacturers" day. *sigh* Another day of waiting....
I know the feeling, I melted scads of things in Prep for the Origin sale only to find it was Anvil day.

Day Six – WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23rd – ORIGIN JUMPWORKS & AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE
Day Seven – THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24th – EXOTIC MANUFACTURERS & AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE
Day Eight – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25th – AEGIS DYNAMICS & HORNET WILDFIRE
Day Nine – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH – GRAND FINALE

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
My shopping list for the next 15 minutes:
3x Herald -> Cutlass Black
3x Cutlass Black -> Cutlass Red
2x Cutlass Black -> M50
2x M50 -> Cutlass Black
3x Cutlass Red -> 350R
1x 85X

I'm paranoid about the Cutlass' price getting higher after the rework (though I realize the chances are really slim).
I have my eyes set on the Red.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well, that's the short lived 85x away and the 350R sat snug in the hangar.

I have thought long as to what name this machine, and it shall be called: "Broken Moon" after the AC level I really fell for it in...

...It was when the game hung and I flew out beyond the boundary and round the Broken Moon I knew this was the one for me.

Why go somewhere tomorrow that you could get to today with a 350R?

Forgot your password?