Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Babe, you definitely have a problem :D
Yes, yes I do. Haha.
Fleet is perfect. Just leave it. The other ships are crap. Nothing of interest left there. Wow, did you see that Caterpillar-Vid...?"
The story if my Star Citizen life. Ha. We may need a support group.
So, when you asking us about your fleet and what to do, I only can answer you: there simply is no solution or "the right" answer for you. No suggestion. Just buy what you have to buy. And if you can't buy, just hopp into a ship of TEST - and have a beer ;)
I do understand Sam, I really do, haha. I do the posts more to start dialogue than to get any "do this" or "do that" from the community. I love hearing what people have to say, and I love the input. It's also great to hear people lay down their arguments as to this ship or that. Strong points and weaknesses.
I do it because I enjoy engaging with all of you. :)
Still 2 ships for me: Starfarer and Buccaneer/Freelancer. Might upgrade the Starfarer to a $350 ship and melt the Bucc for something cheaper (<$60).
I commend your willpower. Wow.
.dont think you need a Banu MM if you have a Cat, youll be doubling up with the hauling vehicles
My thoughts exactly.
plus you like the ugly ships! :p
I do. I do love ugly ships. Haha.
Have you thought about a Reclaimer maybe for your salvaging needs?
I have, but I thought a small salvage ship would be great. There is one coming. Eventually. Ha.

I only want one large ship. It's just a matter of figuring which one. Right now the Cat fits the bill. I thought it was the Carrack, but I don't know if I want a Cat AND a Carrack or Reclaimer.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
No more Starfarer? Sad panda. You can borrow mine brother.
I still have it. It shall not go away that easily. There will be dialogue and thought and many restless sleeps before/if she disappears.
Am I, @Sam K Macer , and @Blind Owl the same person? This rings so true it hurts.
Isn't it though? We all have similar stories. I only started "The Buying" in November. Well, technically I guess March, when I bought my original package. But then my account did nothing until TEST.

I am done spending though. Regardless of what comes out now that I want, I have enough in credit and ships that I can just melt to get it. I want to maintain a 5 ship maximum. 4 would be better. Dragonflies don't count. Ha.
The MM has actually been described as a blockade runner, so it should have great engines and tons of armor. The Cat has weapons and boarding functions but is a bit sluggish. He totally needs both!
Goddammit Grimbli. Haha. You're such an asshole. ;)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have, but I thought a small salvage ship would be great. There is one coming. Eventually. Ha.

I only want one large ship. It's just a matter of figuring which one. Right now the Cat fits the bill. I thought it was the Carrack, but I don't know if I want a Cat AND a Carrack or Reclaimer.
Well, I will most likely have a Carrack and Reclaimer...so you can borrow one of mine. Not sure if I'll keep Cat, if I do I might not keep Carrack(:eek:) but we shall see.

I still have it. It shall not go away that easily. There will be dialogue and thought and many restless sleeps before/if she disappears.
Ahh, the Beerfarer, I hope it sticks around. You can always borrow mine though. I'll be deep down inside her while you fiddle in the cockpit. :p

Isn't it though? We all have similar stories. I only started "The Buying" in November. Well, technically I guess March, when I bought my original package. But then my account did nothing until TEST.

I am done spending though. Regardless of what comes out now that I want, I have enough in credit and ships that I can just melt to get it. I want to maintain a 5 ship maximum. 4 would be better. Dragonflies don't count. Ha.
I don't know where I went wrong...or right?
I may spend a bit more, but not sure.

Goddammit Grimbli. Haha. You're such an asshole. ;)
I am the Devil's Advocate...or maybe just the Devil, I'm not sure on that one.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, I will most likely have a Carrack and Reclaimer...so you can borrow one of mine. Not sure if I'll keep Cat, if I do I might not keep Carrack:)eek:) but we shall see.
Haha, we'll have to just make sure our fleets compliment each other.
Ahh, the Beerfarer, I hope it sticks around. You can always borrow mine though. I'll be deep down inside her while you fiddle in the cockpit. :p
Mmmmm, yeah, I'll finger bang buttons in your cockpit, and you make sure she's good and lubed up down below. Hehe.
I don't know where I went wrong...or right?
I may spend a bit more, but not sure.
You went right. I went right. But I really want to keep my fleet numbers low. Haha.
I am the Devil's Advocate...or maybe just the Devil, I'm not sure on that one.
You are the devils advocate. I like it.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Obviously I am the heretic here, who many may want to burn at the stake for failing to fan the flames of ship envy, but to say the truth I will probably just buy a Tana, some upgrades for it like an EMP generator if it can be fit, and then things like NPC's, Industrial Hangar extensions, etc. The last thing I want to spend money on is ships, since there are just so many out there that want to belong to me. Maybe one of every kind, previously owned by The Corporation (how arrogant a name! They deserve to be PUNISHED!) Maybe several of many kinds. Why choose between when you can own one of everything? But yeah hey you need to have one go-to that is your standard bread and butter and if it does what it should, the Reliant is all that.

Why buy a Starfarer empty as it is and work to fill it, when you can permanently borrow one that is already full?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Why buy a Starfarer empty as it is and work to fill it, when you can permanently borrow one that is already full?
Because SHIPS!! Burn the heretic!

I do like your thought process though, lol. More than a little bit.

I'm unfortunately 1000+ deep. I won't spend any more, but I'll certainly spend what I already have.
And respend it.
And respend it...

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I was really happy with my starfarer gemini but now I wonder if i can CCU it to a carrack for 10 dollar :D
I will not be CCUing my Star G, I worked too hard to get it and am falling in love with it! Especially with the green paintjob!

*IF* the Carrack or any other 350 dollar ship comes on the market anytime soon, I'm certainly going to purchase the $10 CCU.
I wonder if the Cat is going to go up, then I will upgrade to a Crucible. Also, I thought the Starfarer was going to go up another ~$100 when it became flight ready...what happened to that? They probably heard the backlash of it raising $100 the first time and decided not to go through with it.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Green paint job? Explain this sorcery.
Please and thank you.
The Starfarer base is a silverish weird looking color, but the Starfarer Gemini is a military version and has plain military green as its hull color. I like it MUCH better!

I *think* my Cat will end up being my mainstay ship.
Think.
I'm going to spend 90% of my time inside an Endeavor that will mostly never move and I probably won't see space at all lol. But all my ships I don't fly will have kickass components!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Starfarer base is a silverish weird looking color, but the Starfarer Gemini is a military version and has plain military green as its hull color. I like it MUCH better!
Right. I hadn't looked that close. I thought it was black.
I'm going to spend 90% of my time inside an Endeavor that will mostly never move and I probably won't see space at all lol. But all my ships I don't fly will have kickass components!
You'll be that recluse, hidng in your endeavor, afraid to come out. Then some exceptional mission will come up, and we'll have to drag you along with us, quite against your will. We'll need your expertise to save the 'verse.
We'll drag you in a star spanning romp across the galaxy, and in the end you'll either be the hero...
Or dead.
Or both.
But it'll be a hell of a ride. And you'll spend the whole trip saying, over and over, "I never should have let you talk me into this, Owl" and "why did I ever leave my lab".

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Grr all this ship talk has me thiking about melting my prospector and my reliant kore and getting a caterpillar combo package!!

You bastards!!!

Forgot your password?