Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I feel you. Kickstarting 100 bucks for a Digital Pirate Pack felt like such a big hit and investment....now I have more ships than I can shake a stick at. It's honestly a little intimidating.

On the bright side I have replacements of the ships I will be losing the most (Cutlass Blue and Buccaneer) which is nice, since I'm pretty rubbish at this game so far.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
You'll be that recluse, hidng in your endeavor, afraid to come out. Then some exceptional mission will come up, and we'll have to drag you along with us, quite against your will. We'll need your expertise to save the 'verse.
We'll drag you in a star spanning romp across the galaxy, and in the end you'll be the hero...because of all your kickers upgrades!

But it'll be a hell of a ride. And you'll spend the whole trip saying, over and over, "Why the hell are your ships so squishy, Owl" and "why did I ever leave my lab".
FTFY

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I feel you. Kickstarting 100 bucks for a Digital Pirate Pack felt like such a big hit and investment....now I have more ships than I can shake a stick at. It's honestly a little intimidating.

On the bright side I have replacements of the ships I will be losing the most (Cutlass Blue and Buccaneer) which is nice, since I'm pretty rubbish at this game so far.
Haha. I'm a horrible pilot too. I'd best get better, as I intend to do a lot of fighting.
Never thought of having multiples of the same ship. I did think of overlap between my ships, but not redundancy. Brilliant.

God, you ruined it. That's just so unrealistic! ;)

Maybe your mission is to trick out a captured Vanduul kingship for a suicide mission into the heart of their space. That'd be something else.
My imagination is awesome.
Yours is OK too. Ha

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

You just need more practice ;)

Haha. I'm a horrible pilot too. I'd best get better, as I intend to do a lot of fighting.
Never thought of having multiples of the same ship. I did think of overlap between my ships, but not redundancy. Brilliant.
And you need a white cane :D

Last edited:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I do it because I enjoy engaging with all of you. :)
*gasps* Mutliple weddings!? Didn't even thought that this would be allowed in Canada :eek::confused:

Grr all this ship talk has me thiking about melting my prospector and my reliant kore and getting a caterpillar combo package!!

You bastards!!!
I wouldn't melt them.
Take fresh money instead and buy the Cat combo package! :D

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
Obviously I am the heretic here...

*IF* the Carrack or any other 350 dollar ship comes on the market anytime soon, I'm certainly going to purchase the $10 CCU.
There should be the Anniversary sale soon, yes?

Once I flew in 2.4 the 5min wait to get back in a Sabre was driving me nuts and I committed right then and there to having two at least.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
*gasps* Mutliple weddings!? Didn't even thought that this would be allowed in Canada :eek::confused:
Hahaha, too funny Sam. You make me laugh milady.
I wouldn't melt them.
Take fresh money instead and buy the Cat combo package! :D
Listen to this lady. She speaks wisdom. :P

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
There should be the Anniversary sale soon, yes?
Anniversary in October. But there should be one for gamescon or one of those other events.
Once I flew in 2.4 the 5min wait to get back in a Sabre was driving me nuts and I committed right then and there to having two at least.
Yes, I'm starting to see the value in this.
Hmmmmm....

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You're actually storing up luck for later when it counts, and note you can't be flying the Cutlass and Buck. Its when you get to flying those that counts.

That all said, marcsand2 is the guy to see to turn you into an ace.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You're actually storing up luck for later when it counts, and note you can't be flying the Cutlass and Buck. Its when you get to flying those that counts.

That all said, marcsand2 is the guy to see to turn you into an ace.
Really. @marcsand2 is the man to train is to fly eh?

Am I mis-reading your line? Why can't he be flying the cutlass and buck?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Really. @marcsand2 is the man to train is to fly eh?
I'm very honored, but o_O
I don't fight other players in AC, only Vanduul. I only attack pirates in PU. I don't make youtube movies, I don't advertise.
I only give tips to anyone who is willing to read them and I practise allot.
How do I get the big honour :eek: that I'm mentioned as Ace maker :oops::oops::oops:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm very honored, but o_O
I don't fight other players in AC, only Vanduul. I only attack pirates in PU. I don't make youtube movies, I don't advertise.
I only give tips to anyone who is willing to read them and I practise allot.
How do I get the big honour :eek: that I'm mentioned as Ace maker :oops::oops::oops:
No idea. You'll have to talk to @Shadow Reaper about that. ;). But now you have to do it. There is beer on the line!

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
If I tell you how many times my ship load out changed I could fill a full page of the tread. Being this said , I think the one I have now it possible the one I will stick until the game release. I say this because two of my 5 ships (7 if I count the 2 Dragonflies) are multirrole ships, the Vanguard that can be a fighter, do ewar and launch torpedoes just changing the modules. The other one is the caterpillar that may not be the best doing things, but man it can to a lot of tricks.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If I tell you how many times my ship load out changed I could fill a full page of the tread. Being this said , I think the one I have now it possible the one I will stick until the game release. I say this because two of my 5 ships (7 if I count the 2 Dragonflies) are multirrole ships, the Vanguard that can be a fighter, do ewar and launch torpedoes just changing the modules. The other one is the caterpillar that may not be the best doing things, but man it can to a lot of tricks.
That's what I'm looking for. 5 ships, a couple of multi-roles, and a whole lot of fun.
I can teach you to fly! Mostly in a straight line...or corkscrew if you hit something.
Corkscrew....wine!!! That's perfect.
Specify: it..... wait....beer....doesn't matter..... consider it done.
It = flight training. ;)
Glad you're on board. Haha

Forgot your password?