Cry-Astro has been invaded by Pirates - What stand shall we take

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
. . .they priorétise their selfish immediate desire before the greater good. . .they are trying to block an entire community. . .what they do is terrorisme and nothing else
Actually I think it is better understood as extortion. These aren't pirates. They're community thugs, shaking down the locals for pocket change. The question is, what do you do with such thugs?

Personally I don't see how you could have a more enjoyable victi. .I mean opponent. TEST has the numbers. All we need is a plan. If you don't dogfight, fly a missile-boat and provide artillery support, but by all means go kick their asses.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Here is a thought...

A "S9 TALON ARGOS IX" missile that come stock with the Eclips is strong enough to take many ships in one hit if they fly to close to each other.
if not there is 3 on one Eclips.

Best to is the Eclips can target them way before they even know you are there and so can the S9 missile be fired from about 4K away and by the time they get the warning at aproxemately 2K away it is going very fast toward the target and they most likely will try to use flare and shaft to get away at first then start flying away...

BUT!...a BIG BUT!

.....The "S9 TALON ARGOS IX" that come stock with the Eclips is a very large Cross section missile and it don't give a rats ass about flares and shaft it will just keep going toward the target only option to get away from a "S9 TALON ARGOS IX" is to out fly it and if you realize that to late well you're screwed!

But either way they gonna have their hands full with a couple "S9 TALON ARGOS IX" for a wile you might buy the time to fix and refuel...

So how and what's next, to see if there are some helpful TESTies with Eclipses that want to try out their missiles on a unexpected target the more Eclips the more fun it'll be... tho slow approach with the Eclips, target, fire missile then go through the herding bunch in full speed...
Change to Decople on the way as soon as you pass them turn of power and drift away invincible in full speed...

No power=nothing to target decouple keeps you going in last direction and speed until space ends ha ha ha

Might be a fun challenge :smile: or Do what Marcsand said take the opportunity to practice some combat I mean they do that for free...:joy:

CHEERS! :beers::beer::beer::beers::beers::beer::beers::beers:

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
By the way, which server is this mostly happening on? I fancy me some sport.
I'm all in favor of this response.

i m in if we decide to build up a responce team, i will be able to get my sabre out of the hangar !!

What they do is blocking the access to the sol repair station in all the PU based on the fact that they priorétise there selfish immediate desire before the greater good of getting the game finished.
they are trying to block an entire community just to have what they selfishly believe everyone want even though they arnt the majority.
Thinking about others doesnt mean thinking for them.

what they do is terrorisme and nothing else
I honestly don't see how these individuals are effecting the game from being finished or even blocking the entire community. In fact its giving everyone the opportunity to engage in combat with a goal. I would be more understanding if they were camping the landing sites of Port Olisar, Grim Hex and Levski. But they are camping a no spawn location and while inconvenient to those wishing to rearm and refuel with out having to re spawn a ship its still on you if you wish to engage them or not.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Best to is the Eclipse can target them way before they even know you are there. . .
This is EXACTLY the way to use that bird. It's fire support for a battle that can take out three targets and retire for more missiles. Just the missiles get spendy, but there is so much entertainment value in this it would be worth it.

I suggest search the battlefield before launching to see if they have fire support and take that out first. Have the fighters look for a Connie.

Has anyone checked to see if when you form a group, your sensors share info? That would be key for any fire support launched from out of range.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
There is one more thing you can say to them in chat... might make them feel a bit daft!
For how ever nice training idea it is they are the one wasting aUEC cash...

You could say something like this to them in chat.... it might hit a nerv.. be prepared to run.. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

"Okay guys let me see if I got this right...
You want me to pay10K aUEC to use CryAstro.. Or you attack me and give me combat training for free wasting your aUEC on me...
and my ship is free to reclaim...?
hmm who's the brain in this outfit??
"

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Kill em all. Hunt them down after they respawn and kill em again.
First part, OK, give it a try. Second part, naaaaah, not OK,that is a measure you don't want others to use on you, so don't give them bad ideas.

I honestly don't see how these individuals are effecting the game from being finished or even blocking the entire community. In fact its giving everyone the opportunity to engage in combat with a goal. I would be more understanding if they were camping the landing sites of Port Olisar, Grim Hex and Levski. But they are camping a no spawn location and while inconvenient to those wishing to rearm and refuel with out having to re spawn a ship its still on you if you wish to engage them or not.
I support this mindset much more.

Yeah. They're practicing real military ops and working together as a team. Only a real team is going to beat them.
I totally agree with this.

Will C.

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2017
RSI Handle
Mute_01
Hold me beer ....

Geetings fellow TEST council members. Today a legion of pirates have sounded their roars of aggression unto Cry-Astro, demanding payment for safe passage into this precious sector of space.

I hereby move that we make our presence known in this matter. Does TEST concede this sudden power grab for resources shared throughout the stars by warmongering pirates or do we too, blast our horns of war and pledge to the freedom of Cry-Astro?

I look forward to all your thoughts and motions my dear patrons.
I take no stand. Had i not been working i would have been on thier discord having some fun

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
They're streaming on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/chubbydefender, and obviously talking on Discord.

They're not bad at PVP at all, looks like 6 or so of them, from Renegade Squadron. They are playing very well together. One at least is observing incoming ships and calling them out. Tactic though is swarming individual ships, which most of the incoming are. Nobody else is putting up much of a fight at all because of lack of any coordination.

They're just bored, trying to have some fun, but they are developing piracy and aggressive tactics as a group. They are beginning to actively look for miners and talking about some tactics to use though, so prospectors beware.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They're streaming on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/chubbydefender, and obviously talking on Discord.

They're not bad at PVP at all, looks like 6 or so of them, from Renegade Squadron. They are playing very well together. One at least is observing incoming ships and calling them out. Tactic though is swarming individual ships, which most of the incoming are. Nobody else is putting up much of a fight at all because of lack of any coordination.

They're just bored, trying to have some fun, but they are developing piracy and aggressive tactics as a group. They are beginning to actively look for miners and talking about some tactics to use though, so prospectors beware.
Ahh, good to know they are actually players. Strange I was able to take a Buc and a Cutlass out relatively easily... The ones I came across must have been NPC's.

Firen

Vice Admiral
Feb 6, 2018
RSI Handle
jeremyD
I'm all in favor of this response.

I could have agreed with you but there is something that bother me.

If it was a groupe a players wanting to make a pirate organisation and there only motive would actualy be in the persistente univers i would have just said " well played guys " and i would just deal with it until the problème got solved by others players or CIG.

But they do it to create a pressure point to force there message and that for me is terrorisme. There was a line between playing fair using whatever système is on and using an unfinished système to force there opinions on others.

They clearly crossed the line.

Quoting the joker : "it s about sending a message"

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I could have agreed with you but there is something that bother me.

If it was a groupe a players wanting to make a pirate organisation and there only motive would actualy be in the persistente univers i would have just said " well played guys " and i would just deal with it until the problème got solved by others players or CIG.

But they do it to create a pressure point to force there message and that for me is terrorisme. There was a line between playing fair using whatever système is on and using an unfinished système to force there opinions on others.

They clearly crossed the line.

Quoting the joker : "it s about sending a message"
But I'm inclined to disagree, to a point.

Notice: In case of TLDR; skip to last paragraph.

So, I understand this sentiment, and had I not watched the stream I would agree. While I was playing the game,one of them made an announcement in chat that CryAstro was under their supervision, and there was a fee of 1000 aUEC. They were saying it's piracy, it's not there are no real piracy mechanics in the game yet. Then they said mafia. No that's not mafia either. But it is PVP, and I'm pretty sure that what they were doing at CryAstro was within the bounds of what CIG intends for this game.

If they were causing a choke point, preventing players from playing, then sure, that would be griefing. But it is not a choke point. You can get to Cellin many ways in SC, for example. They announce their presence in chat, and all of the ships that came into view during the almost hour I watched, were single seat fighters coming from Port Olisar. That would indicate that players were going there voluntarily, either to challenge them or to "rescue" CryAstro.

What does bother me about this game play is, they are well coordinated and clearly very good at PVP aspects of the game. Casually good at space combat, even with the ESP targeting bugs. By casual I mean, not excitable, can target and shoot effectively, and they know how to prioritize targets and attack quickly. I'm personally not bad at combat, but not that kind of good. Not even close.

I did have a bit of a laugh. Obviously none of them had ever done much mining. A few, including the streamer, went to Daymar to find some miners in prospectors. They believed that if they went to Shubin they'd find a lot. They did look around, but they used very rudimentary seach tactics. They need to work on this a little. But they will probably figure it out.

So. Their weakness: There is no strategy here. The only issue is they are bored, and very good at PVP aspects of the game.
They prey on individual ships who come within range. That pilot would have only seconds to react, and note that you cannot react after exiting QT for a number of seconds.

Suggested defensive tactic: One thing I have learned from PVP is, when defending against a group of co-ordinated opponents who clearly know how to work as a team, you can rely on either of two tactics: Co-ordination and team-work, or blind luck. Blind luck is not such a good method.

It would be possible to overwhelm them with a coordinated group defence, of fast fighters, and support ships that can fire weapons in multiple directions. That would be ships that have manned turrets. Send in the fighter group first, as a group, then the support ships follow a few seconds later. If your support ships arrive too early, they will QT right into the fray. They will jump an Eclipse in a second. A Warlock would be better to bring along, but the warlock might not get it's EMP off, depending how fast the pilot is at reacting. Retaliator would be a better ship for support. That's a ship that can fire in any direction in a sphere around the ship from 5 turrets, and has 5 S9 missiles to boot. If a Retaliator could survive long enough, it could begin to draw them in, and potentially thin out their numbers.

My suggestion: Jump into Discord, and practice this kind of team tactic in the PU or Arena Commander. Blue on blue for practice is fine, but for heaven's sake, follow the instructions of your group lead. Don't let your ego take over, or get bruised if you get blown up. Practice makes perfect.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Retaliator would be a better ship for support. That's a ship that can fire in any direction in a sphere around the ship from 5 turrets, and has 5 S9 missiles to boot.
To take control of any military engagement, you need to decide for your opponent what their actions will be. This is generally harder when a group is not well organized, but it is still possible.

My suggestion is, send a Tally in first and let this be the focus of the opponent's attack, then send in fighters to break the attackers up and engage them while the Tally provides fire support with missiles. Thing is, to be effective you need good turret gunners on the Tally, so you're bringing twice the number of players to the conflict.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
To take control of any military engagement, you need to decide for your opponent what their actions will be. This is generally harder when a group is not well organized, but it is still possible.

My suggestion is, send a Tally in first and let this be the focus of the opponent's attack, then send in fighters to break the attackers up and engage them while the Tally provides fire support with missiles. Thing is, to be effective you need good turret gunners on the Tally, so you're bringing twice the number of players to the conflict.
To use the Tally at effective distance, you should be first at the destination. Jump in unnoticed, then get at a distance where the Tally can detect and lock while the targets can't detect the Tally. As defensive team this works. As offensive team you must precise drop out of quantum jump, otherwise you will land too close and get detected immediately. Drop too far away and it will cost you ages to get undetected at the destination. I must try what happens if you jump stealth. A Tally doesn't has stealth capability, an Eclipse has.

Forgot your password?