Dragonfly concept art, first look!

FortuneBlack

Rear Admiral
Dec 26, 2015
RSI Handle
FortuneBlack
But if you melt two ships (That are worth full value) then you could buy the dragonfly package and CCU to the same ships and have $5 left in store credit.

This won't work if you've done random CCU tricks in the past to get the ships you currently have. I have a Tana (technically $65) but the cash value is only $50 because I used some saved CCUs after prices changed.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Is this not a broken money creating loop? Couldn't you just keep buying the double pack and selling them with a little profit off the top?
No. They melt for the value you bought them. My current Caterpillar, for instance. Is only worth 220 melted, as I used some tricks upgrading it. But I saved money upgrading it. So as long as I don't melt, I retain that upgraded value.
But if you melt two ships (That are worth full value) then you could buy the dragonfly package and CCU to the same ships and have $5 left in store credit.

This won't work if you've done random CCU tricks in the past to get the ships you currently have. I have a Tana (technically $65) but the cash value is only $50 because I used some saved CCUs after prices changed.
Exactly this.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
You do know the redshirts always die right? even though the stormtroopers cant hit a thing.
Most people think you get ahead here by blazingly crashing your aurora into the sun, or fiercely leading a crew into battle. Hell no, I am one of the smart redshirts that hides in the back.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Well I broke down and pledged for the Ride Together package, I mean, yellow and black, kinda squadron colors, think CIG is telling us something - like we are their Banditos...

Tequilla tonight, for tomorrow we ride!

01-1.jpg

'Gimp

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Couldn't resist! I bought a few packages so I'll have spares available after drunk crashing, and still have some extras to share with friends. :)

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
So just an update on my own situation; I melted my 4 yellowjacket single packs and bought 2 dual packs (and made both yellow) I now have 4 LTI tokens waiting in buyback for the future need be and have the $10 I wasted buying singles, sitting in store credit. I feel redeemed.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So just an update on my own situation; I melted my 4 yellowjacket single packs and bought 2 dual packs (and made both yellow) I now have 4 LTI tokens waiting in buyback for the future need be and have the $10 I wasted buying singles, sitting in store credit. I feel redeemed.
You are redeemed. Now buy a redeemer.
;)

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
I would not intentionally buy a Redeemer even if I were using someone else's money. Should I find myself with money enough that one is in a package I get, it will be CCU'd.

edited for clarity of language.
No love for the Redeemer eh? Curious. More for me.

Forgot your password?