Drake Vulture Now Available for Everyone - Actually kinda cheap, Ends July 18th

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Seems like something I'd like to pick up but its not currently available. how often do they re-list ships for sale?
My assumption is that when Mining Mechanics become available they will do a sale, so not long. Otherwise it's as-and-when they want to make it available, but the November Kickstarter Success Anniversary Sale is generally when they all come on sale. I am waiting for my Misc Endeavor Modules and thats when I think they'll next be available.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Also - if you buy a vulture they said you will get a Prospector as a loaner ship so it's win win. Buy the scrap metal nom nom ship and get to play with the rock nom nom ship for 6 months.

Nom all round!!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Also - if you buy a vulture they said you will get a Prospector as a loaner ship so it's win win. Buy the scrap metal nom nom ship and get to play with the rock nom nom ship for 6 months.

Nom all round!!
Can you CCU the Vulture to the Prospector? If so, that plan is made of Win.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
155 now I do believe. One sec...
The benefit of CCUing is that you get the Vultures LTI too... Failing that, if CCU's don't happen, one can always melt the Vulture and put it's value to a prospector to get what you want :)

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
The benefit of CCUing is that you get the Vultures LTI too... Failing that, if CCU's don't happen, one can always melt the Vulture and put it's value to a prospector to get what you want :slight_smile:
so if i understand CCUing correctly, ideally i could get two vultures with LTI and change one over to a prospector with LTI when they become available again for a little more money?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
so if i understand CCUing correctly, ideally i could get two vultures with LTI and change one over to a prospector with LTI when they become available again for a little more money?
Yes that is correct, as long as the ship you want to CCU to has CCUs available (The 890j does not, never has, or will have CCUs to keep it rare) and is more expensive than the ship you are CCUing from. The CCU costs the difference between the ships value, so if you got the Vulture for $140 and the Prospector was $155 the CCU would cost you $15 and you keep the LTI from the Vulture on your Prospector.

Please Note - The above is correct as of right now, we do not know for sure if there will be vulture to prospector CCUs until the prospector comes back on sale and CCUs for it become available again. As with everything CIG and funding, it is all subject to change - they will kill ship sales entirely at end of Beta so expect it to only become a worse and worse deal as they want you to play more and pay less.

If CCUs for Vulture to Prospector don't happen, you can melt your Vulture into store credit and buy the prospector with that. You loose the LTI, but you get the ship you want with no additional major outlay of funds, just the difference between your store-credit and the cost of the ship (so $15 as with the above example of CCUing.) so I don't think you can loose out if you have the money to do it. Just don't spend more than you have, jpeg spaceships are not worth having to eat nothing but noodles until the next pay-day :slight_smile:

It is your decision as to what you want to do, I hope the above has helped you make an informed desicion - good luck! :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Forgot your password?