Elite: Dangerous TEST Squadron

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I've been toodling about when I do play running trades for money like a guy trying to collect all the cards. I'm about a quarter of the way to my type 7, which I'm pretty happy with considering how little I play.
Just got into my Type 7 the other day.

Doing Gliese 868 run between two stations, 400k round trip, roughly 2M/hr if I had the patience to do an entire hour.

Reactions: ANARCKOS

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
trade is boring, TV or second screen can help a lot. I did some trading, but once I had money for the type7 I decided to stick with thet ASP, that can do everything, even haul bit better than type 6, long jump range and faster docking. I care about rank reputation and experience now way more than making money/ no fun! btw you lose 25% of the hull if you resell your ship, 100% refund of selling modules.

anyone know a good file storage site? I wanna upload about 4GB of 4K screenshots....

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
Commander IceBone reporting in. I am on my way to Sol, sir!
==
Commander IceBone is out of fuel and this damn settlement won't let him dock!
==
OK... managed to plot the course to Bernard's Star. It's exactly 42 jumps away. :D

Should I do work on the way and get upgrades or do I just make a b-line for it and get there ASAP?

Last edited:

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
Currently have a support ticket open for cargo disappearing from the cargo hold. Anyone else experience that (since the game went "final")?

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
The cargo was just gone. I bought it in one station, the money was gone from my wallet, arrived at the destination, attempted to sell it, cobwebs in cargo hold.

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
Only half of my earned money at that point (50k). Doesn't seem much, compared to what shit costs in the game, but I was just about to hit 100k for the first time.

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
Yeah, things are expensive but I kind of like the slog to get bigger ships. Hopefully SC is the same. I hope so after how much I put into the game. lol. Flying a type-7 at the moment and can take in between 200,000 to 300,000 in one jump. Definitely get a hauler if you don't already have one.

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
Once I get some more money, I'll get better guns on the Eagle. Maybe a missile rack too, I got owned by Cobra once already. Then I might get the Hauler, cause right now what I want is a Python. :D

But first, need to get the ticket sorted. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
I take experience, ranks and reputation over money atm.
like that guy who trade the hell first 2 weeks, buy anaconda to get killed by a viper , and he didnt had enough for insurance ";..;"

this also made me pretty sad. I am glad to be out of that group...
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104813
I do all of the above, even exploration, but knowing how to make gobs of credits is beneficial.

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
Once I get some more money, I'll get better guns on the Eagle. Maybe a missile rack too, I got owned by Cobra once already. Then I might get the Hauler, cause right now what I want is a Python. :D

But first, need to get the ticket sorted. Haven't heard anything back yet.
Might want try the Cobra. I sold mine but regret it. Loved that ship! But am looking to get a Python too because it's a combat ship and can haul a ton of crap - best of both worlds.

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
Might want try the Cobra. I sold mine but regret it. Loved that ship! But am looking to get a Python too because it's a combat ship and can haul a ton of crap - best of both worlds.
Well, yes, Python eventually, Cobra on the way there.

(still no word about the ticket)

darjanator

TEST Master Brewer
Jan 18, 2015
RSI Handle
darjanator
I'm currently just not playing because I lost so much money right now. Can anyone offer a loan that I can repay once I get the ticket resolved? Montoya already loaned me 4 cargo pods of palladium to get me started. :P

ANARCKOS

Vice Admiral
Oct 19, 2014
RSI Handle
ANARCKOS
you're right friend! I did a bit of everything, andd used the only trade route I knew to kill some humans ^^

http://imgur.com/a/VEojZ#4 terribad celphone pics
I got these when I was at my brother's house, watching Captain Richard. I dont own any of these stuff (only the gaming pc) so it's NOT showing off : ) btw ED is known by the good audio effects, wait till you hear it on an audiophile room: the first thing my brother said: "DO NOT FUCKING SHOW THIS TO MY KIDS" hehe

road to elite is very confusing...6000 kills to go!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ub67Odt52kUVk9F7RoI5N2PNX5NtL9yddil6bJ7qNA8/edit#gid=0
http://firstgreatexpedition.org/mybb/showthread.php?tid=1555

be strong my friends, spartan space hugs o/

Forgot your password?