Fleet Liquidation

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Thanks guys, im gonna kick its ass! Appreciate the support
If you ever need some practice targeting some ass to be kicked, you're welcome to aim for mind @GrumpyCat as it's rather large & well padded. I just recommend that should you take a swing at it, do so with the flat of your foot instead of toe 1st as it has already broken a few toes accidentally that way in the past. I never felt a thing though. LoL

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I sent a request in myself , really hurts to do it cause I love my capital ships and the game.. but I was diagnosed with cancer a bit ago and am scheduling surgeries.

Heres hoping CIG understands :beers:
oh my lord sorry this happened. you caught it early though right and it can be cleared up? what type of cancer?

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
oh my lord sorry this happened. you caught it early though right and it can be cleared up? what type of cancer?
Haha I caught it 3 years ago... but the dumb doctor didnt accept it cause i was "too young" for this type of cancer -.-. Oh well.

Hurthle Cell Thyroid Cancer, nasty little bugger, you dont know how bad it is till you cut out the thyroid. Then you either are fucked with like a 20% re occurrence rate and 30% distant migration rate ... or you are like ok.. haha. My surgery is May 8th so I guess we find out how bad it is then and figure it out.

Good news is there is STILL A GOOD CHANCE that I wont have any problems besides the surgery, so im holding out hope. :beers:

*edit* I think my odds are 75% that I will only need the surgery, and 25% that Ill need more surgery and radioactive iodine to see if its elsewhere. Only found out about it being hurthle cell a week ago so still learning.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Haha I caught it 3 years ago... but the dumb doctor didnt accept it cause i was "too young" for this type of cancer -.-. Oh well.

Hurthle Cell Thyroid Cancer, nasty little bugger, you dont know how bad it is till you cut out the thyroid. Then you either are fucked with like a 20% re occurrence rate and 30% distant migration rate ... or you are like ok.. haha. My surgery is May 8th so I guess we find out how bad it is then and figure it out.

Good news is there is STILL A GOOD CHANCE that I wont have any problems besides the surgery, so im holding out hope. :beers:

*edit* I think my odds are 75% that I will only need the surgery, and 25% that Ill need more surgery and radioactive iodine to see if its elsewhere. Only found out about it being hurthle cell a week ago so still learning.
Thats great news one of these days i'll get tested for cancer i'm an idiot for not doing it yet i just have to much on my plate to get bad news that i'm lvl 5 or something. Keep us updated we don't want you to just one day disapear and we never hear from you again... this has happened in the past for me.

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
Thats great news one of these days i'll get tested for cancer i'm an idiot for not doing it yet i just have to much on my plate to get bad news that i'm lvl 5 or something. Keep us updated we don't want you to just one day disapear and we never hear from you again... this has happened in the past for me.
Ill be sure to post an update after the surgery and let you guys know where im at. Hopefully this ends up all being a very boring routine thing I dont have to think about any more after.

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
No need for thanks matey, if I could contribute towards a GoFundMe for you I would, in fact if one is set up and I get my shit together I’ll definately throw some Cash your way. Anything to help a fellow TESTie out :vulcan:
I appreciate it, but I have a good paying job with good insurance, so hopefully it wont come to that. Then there is the $15,000 lying around in my RSI account, so that should take care of any of the copays/deductibles if CIG refunds me.

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
I've never heard of those games, but Google says Gloomhaven is the best game of 2017. Colour me interested, haha
Can confirm, own another copy.. was amazing. A bit time consuming to set up, and its one where you continuously level and work together so you need someone you can play with who will be dedicated to playing together.. but yea.. its amazing.

Kingdom Death is supposedly just as good , with the same type of consistent gameplay/leveling, but a much darker theme.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Can confirm, own another copy.. was amazing. A bit time consuming to set up, and its one where you continuously level and work together so you need someone you can play with who will be dedicated to playing together.. but yea.. its amazing.

Kingdom Death is supposedly just as good , with the same type of consistent gameplay/leveling, but a much darker theme.
That does sound freaking awesome. Don't really have a crew to play with though, unfortunately.
The whole moving across the continent thing really put a halt on games night with my friends.

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
That does sound freaking awesome. Don't really have a crew to play with though, unfortunately.
The whole moving across the continent thing really put a halt on games night with my friends.
Yea, i miss gaming in person for D&D personally. Luckily I have my roomate , so we made a duo squad and I played the tank, he played the damage dealer.

We had a blast with it. Amazing amount of content for such a cheap game.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yea, i miss gaming in person for D&D personally. Luckily I have my roomate , so we made a duo squad and I played the tank, he played the damage dealer.

We had a blast with it. Amazing amount of content for such a cheap game.
Haha, we used to do simple things like poker, cards against humanity, crazy 8's and rummy. But yeah, the face to face is sorely missed.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Grumpy,

I hope you make a full and permanent recovery. Cancer stinks, but more and more people are surviving it.

As for ships, you are welcome to fly with me anytime and I am sure others feel the same way. We will be here when you have recovered, so take care of yourself. That said, please stop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

Forgot your password?