Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Reactions: Blind Owl
Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
Warlocks for sale, with and without LTI:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Citizen-Avenger-Warlock-Standalone-/262491062305?hash=item3d1dafc021:g:mV4AAOSwZ8ZW8NWl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RSI-Star-Citizen-Avenger-Warlock-LTI-4-Items-/122039292531?hash=item1c6a1bd273:g:VjkAAOSw-4BXbv-T

Personally, I would pay for a Warlock just to get access to the Behring REP-8 EMP Generator. Having the LTI to apply to another ship is all bonus. I would put that on a Tana, Sabre or Redeemer in a heartbeat.
You think it will be possible to put the emp generator on the Tana?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't know. I'd like to try. Especially if we can put the beds back in the Reliants (where the access hatches are now), a two seater is a better choice for someone looking to lie in wait for a hapless victim. I think unquestionably, The Tana will physically fit the EMP since it fits in the smaller cargo cabin of the Warlock, but the question is whether CIG will put equipment connections in the back of the Reliants. They could restrict the space in all the variants to cargo by not putting pipes in. That would suck.

If you can fill that space with an EMP on one mission, and enhanced radar for another, the Reliant's major disappointment will be the limited range and endurance, but two players aboard can help thwart that. You might take one of the missile racks out of the Tana and put in more fuel capacity. Also if you're going to board even the smallest ships, one expects you want at least two people. Out of all the two person ships, the Reliant is certainly the smallest and stealthiest. It should put out a very small signature with those bitty engines, smallish reactor, etc. and most importantly, it fits 8 S1 guns. That begins to make the need for the EMP go away, though I am still hoping the EMP can disable Vanduul self destructs and that is unlikely with a distortion cannon.

Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
I don't know. I'd like to try. Especially if we can put the beds back in the Reliants (where the access hatches are now), a two seater is a better choice for someone looking to lie in wait for a hapless victim. I think unquestionably, The Tana will physically fit the EMP since it fits in the smaller cargo cabin of the Warlock, but the question is whether CIG will put equipment connections in the back of the Reliants. They could restrict the space in all the variants to cargo by not putting pipes in. That would suck.

If you can fill that space with an EMP on one mission, and enhanced radar for another, the Reliant's major disappointment will be the limited range and endurance, but two players aboard can help thwart that. You might take one of the missile racks out of the Tana and put in more fuel capacity. Also if you're going to board even the smallest ships, one expects you want at least two people. Out of all the two person ships, the Reliant is certainly the smallest and stealthiest. It should put out a very small signature with those bitty engines, smallish reactor, etc. and most importantly, it fits 8 S1 guns. That begins to make the need for the EMP go away, though I am still hoping the EMP can disable Vanduul self destructs and that is unlikely with a distortion cannon.
Even if it would fit I dought the S2 engine could handle emp and 8 distortion canons.. so one would have to choose.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Even if it would fit I dought the S2 engine could handle emp and 8 distortion canons.. so one would have to choose.
Yes. I am anxious to her how the EMP works since they removed it during 2.2. If it can be charged and remain charged for lengthy periods of time, that will make it quite flexible. If I really had my druthers, I'd love it if we could charge it and use it as power storage for weapons other than itself by discharging it back into the power system, but I am not betting CIG will allow that much tweaking. Would be great if they did. However, even given disappointments with both those items, I can see reasons to fly both the Jokers and the EMP. You could take out one small ship with the Jokers and lie in wait for a larger rescue craft, and when it appears, pulse them and have your Redeemer show up to board them. Both the Jokers and EMP should be great fun.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
Yes. I am anxious to her how the EMP works since they removed it during 2.2. If it can be charged and remain charged for lengthy periods of time, that will make it quite flexible. If I really had my druthers, I'd love it if we could charge it and use it as power storage for weapons other than itself by discharging it back into the power system, but I am not betting CIG will allow that much tweaking. Would be great if they did. However, even given disappointments with both those items, I can see reasons to fly both the Jokers and the EMP. You could take out one small ship with the Jokers and lie in wait for a larger rescue craft, and when it appears, pulse them and have your Redeemer show up to board them. Both the Jokers and EMP should be great fun.
If there will be any way at all I am sure test pilots will discover it!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
What is the situation with the Hornets? If you have the cash can you put guns on top (big turret) of any version given the room isn't taken up by other stuff like the tracker gear? You can mount 7 fixed S1?

I like the Hornet in general and it does seem the most flexible and easily modified. And honestly, any ship that small with 7 Jokers just sounds devastating. I would fly those weapons every day and swap everything else out for various missions. So let me ask this backward: what versions of the Hornet will NOT allow you to put 7 Jokers on?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
What is the situation with the Hornets? If you have the cash can you put guns on top (big turret) of any version given the room isn't taken up by other stuff like the tracker gear? You can mount 7 fixed S1?

I like the Hornet in general and it does seem the most flexible and easily modified. And honestly, any ship that small with 7 Jokers just sounds devastating. I would fly those weapons every day and swap everything else out for various missions. So let me ask this backward: what versions of the Hornet will NOT allow you to put 7 Jokers on?
As far as I know, ball turret can be put on any hornet. But the max number gun hardpoints would be 6 (2 on ball turret, 2 on canard turret, and 1 on each wing). No reason I see they can't be all Jokers, but I'm not sure where you got the number 7? Correct me if I'm wrong.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
As far as I know, ball turret can be put on any hornet. But the max number gun hardpoints would be 6 (2 on ball turret, 2 on canard turret, and 1 on each wing). No reason I see they can't be all Jokers, but I'm not sure where you got the number 7? Correct me if I'm wrong.
The F7A also has 2 fixed S2 hardpoints. That would 2x S3 wing, 2x S2 fixed, 2x S1 Canard turret and 2x S2 Ball turret. max 8 guns

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The F7A also has 2 fixed S2 hardpoints. That would 2x S3 wing, 2x S2 fixed, 2x S1 Canard turret and 2x S2 Ball turret. max 8 guns
Whaaaaaaat? The A has two extra mounts?!?! Fuck me...
That's devastating.
@Beerjerker is correct. With the ball and canard turret, you end up 2 x s1 on the canard, 2 x s2 on the ball, and 2 x s3 on the wings.
Put the flashfire on and you can mount a single s4 to the ball turret.

Forgot your password?