Piracy Privateer

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
@Shadow Reaper, I was under the impression, at least from what i had read, that as long as you're the only PC on your ship, if you use a bed to logout, your ship logs out with you, to prevent the stealing of ships from people who cant defend them. . .

I mean, there would be exceptions, like you can't logout if you are in conflict etc. . .
Yes. There was only vague official word on this, but the one commitment CIG has made to this issue thus far is that it relates to the presence of a bed on your ship. Under what conditions you can log out with the bed, and for how long are TBD, but without a bed you cannot expect your ship to be safe when unattended. This is key, because the easiest ships to defend are fighters and most of them don't have beds. Short range craft that don't include beds need to be stationed either on larger ships, or on bases of some sort. The word on Asteroid Hangars was that players will have control over where they are placed, but they stopped short of saying we can put them wherever we like. I imagine that is still TBD too. I know the Asteroid Hangar was specifically planned with pirates and grey players in mind, so we will probably see news of this topic with the 2.5 release.

So just saying, there is great difference in function between short range and long range fighters. 300 series, Lancer, Redeemer and Vanguard have beds. Mustang, Gladius, Hornet, Sabre, Reliant, Gladiator, Cutlass, and even the Avenger apparently do not have that as an option, so they need a base. I think this is what makes them "short range" even more than their tankage.

Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
I am still liking the Reliant Tana fit with 4 fixed Suckerpunch Distortion Cannon's (DC's) and another pair on each wingtip turret for a total of 8, if the "high output" S2 reactor can manage that and the shields too. If not then leave the DC's on the wingtips as primary and put something like Longswords as fixed. However I think the little S2 that could might be enough and that is what I am hoping for.
I am big fan of the reliant too(I just love the 2 player thought of it) and I am excited about @Shadow Reaper's take on it. I share the concern about the S2 reactor but I think you might be able to balance it out by better power management enabled by the second pilot.

Also didn't CIG state at one point that they want to implement things like overclocking and other tweaks one could apply to his ships parts?
Maybe we can squeeze out that last bit of juice we need that way. Does anyone of you have additional info on this? Is this still a thing?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I am big fan of the reliant too(I just love the 2 player thought of it) and I am excited about @Shadow Reaper's take on it. I share the concern about the S2 reactor but I think you might be able to balance it out by better power management enabled by the second pilot.

Also didn't CIG state at one point that they want to implement things like overclocking and other tweaks one could apply to his ships parts?
Maybe we can squeeze out that last bit of juice we need that way. Does anyone of you have additional info on this? Is this still a thing?
@Grimbli will be the man to talk to about this. He's going to be the Primus Mechanicus of TEST. The man is obsessed with making things become more than they are.

DcTrojan72

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2014
RSI Handle
BigDamnHero
Yes. There was only vague official word on this, but the one commitment CIG has made to this issue thus far is that it relates to the presence of a bed on your ship. Under what conditions you can log out with the bed, and for how long are TBD, but without a bed you cannot expect your ship to be safe when unattended. This is key, because the easiest ships to defend are fighters and most of them don't have beds. Short range craft that don't include beds need to be stationed either on larger ships, or on bases of some sort. The word on Asteroid Hangars was that players will have control over where they are placed, but they stopped short of saying we can put them wherever we like. I imagine that is still TBD too. I know the Asteroid Hangar was specifically planned with pirates and grey players in mind, so we will probably see news of this topic with the 2.5 release.

So just saying, there is great difference in function between short range and long range fighters. 300 series, Lancer, Redeemer and Vanguard have beds. Mustang, Gladius, Hornet, Sabre, Reliant, Gladiator, Cutlass, and even the Avenger apparently do not have that as an option, so they need a base. I think this is what makes them "short range" even more than their tankage.
Thought their hanger system was gonna be something like. The high end hangers are used around the core worlds area type thing with certain points you can choose from. And as you move down the list of hangers, you get different options on what places you'll have your hanger at. I havent seen anything on how the astroid hangers are gonna be set up though. But id rather not have my astroid hanger seem like it has bunches of other players set up in the same area just because they like that hanger.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Jun 9, 2016
RSI Handle
BlackBones
Well I don't have any interesting topics right now so I'll just post some quotes:

# If ye can’t trust a pirate, ye damn well can’t trust a merchant either!
# The world is richer when you turn enemies into friends, but that's not the same as you being richer.
# Every client is one missed payment away from becoming a target.
# The best way to win a one-on-one fight is to be the third to arrive.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well I don't have any interesting topics right now so I'll just post some quotes:

# If ye can’t trust a pirate, ye damn well can’t trust a merchant either!
# The world is richer when you turn enemies into friends, but that's not the same as you being richer.
# Every client is one missed payment away from becoming a target.
# The best way to win a one-on-one fight is to be the third to arrive.
Haha, classic pirate adages.
Spoken like an opportunist. Love it.

Forgot your password?