The Acolyte

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
That makes for SIX posts in a row from you with zero likes and zero responses. You're not engaging in conversation, you are spamming. Please refrain from posting until someone else replies to "your" previous thought. Thank you for your cooperation.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So why did the Jedi make Torbin search through moss and grass for seven weeks before explaining they’re looking for a vergence? How did the Jedi not notice they had neighbors for seven weeks and just stumble upon them? Well because the Jedi are stupid. Therefore, all ye fans of Star Wars, commit thyselves to Make the Jedi Great Again!

This guy is hysterical.

View: https://youtu.be/rKOKee61QxI?si=F7LlytC-vzP_lyq9

Reactions: Fade691

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Han calls up from Mommy’s basement: “The mean man mocks me! He speaks even when I tell him not to, and says I should go get a job! Mommy, please punish him! He hurt my feelings so he must be a fascist! Make him take a time out!”

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Am I sensing a fetish? Are you trying to roleplay with me? I mean...I respect everyone's freedom to be themselves, but it doesn't mean that I need to participate in your hobbies. But hey, at least you're talking to a person now and not just....blogging? That's a win, right?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
14,000 Disneyland staff set to vote on strike next week, claiming that Disney execs grow fat on huge salaries while the workers can’t get by on the terrible wages they pay. The $19.90 figure is up from $15.50 last November, so it’s difficult to understand the claims.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Interesting. Here’s someone who likes the series but admits Torbin killing himself makes no sense. What he calls it is “a little flat”, which just means he’s not willing to say what he really thinks. He instead invents his own euphemism, one supposes thinking this will make him sound intelligent. Rather I think it just means he’s willing to put up with garbage and pretend it’s something else.

Is that what we’re witnessing from the 14% who think this is something other than garbage? Why don’t people just observe, Torbin’s death is a cheap trick played on the audience, and given the facts, makes no sense at all? Who would sentence himself to ten years monastic punishment and kill himself for literally no reason?

What I am taking away from this is that no one, not even Lesley Headlund; understands why Torbin killed himself. It’s just hung there, like the worst bit of writing you could ever offer anyone, especially for $187M.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
14,000 Disneyland staff set to vote on strike next week, claiming that Disney execs grow fat on huge salaries while the workers can’t get by on the terrible wages they pay. The $19.90 figure is up from $15.50 last November, so it’s difficult to understand the claims.
I would say that it's probably due to the fact that even the $20/hr they want isn't enough of a wage to live on these days. Especially in California. I'd also say that the claims of corporate greed are warranted and provable in pretty much every single American industry. Over the last 70 years, gains in productivity have not been reflected by worker compensation and that is largely due to the slow strangulation of labor unions via big-money lobbying that doesn't even need to be hidden anymore. These unionization movements need to happen more and it needs to happen everywhere if we want to rebuild the middle class. Billionaires shouldn't exist and we need to make that a reality by bucking the two party system and reclaiming the reigns to our democracy. Ranked choice voting with publicly funded campaigns that can be further individually stimulated by campaign contributions from private citizens (Whose contributions cannot exceed $2000 per election cycle) ...Wait. What was the question again? Blacked out for a second there...

...I Also thought that the Jedi guy killing himself also seems a little flat (That being if other episodes don't flesh out his reasoning) We shall see.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
For decades, the ruling flop, now supplanted:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So, Disney is in disarray, Amandla Stenberg is defying the Disney board by leaving her deliberate assault on the fans up on Instagram, projects cancelled, people running for cover. Stenberg is apparently suing Disney for firing her off several spin-off appearances. Everyone is pissed. Looks like the predictable end for such a pathetic project.

And I ask again, why not just give the huge fan base what everyone knows they want? Why force feed them woke this and “I hate you all!” that? Why?

Disney is public owned. How long can this pathetic behavior go on until a stakeholder sues over the fact that Disney is very deliberately not following maximized shareholder value? These acts are in fact illegal. So how long until someone with enough stock files charges with the SEC?

I’m glad it’s over, but not as convinced as Mike that Skeleton Crew will be so bad. It has different people involved and one has to hope they were hired for their skill, and for the content of their character rather than the color of their skin, or choice of lover. We’ll see.

The creators of Skeleton Crew, Jon Watts and Christopher Ford, put out some decent stuff for Marvel by way of three SpiderMan films. I personally like the lead, Jude Law. Favreau and Filoni are still producing. Kennedy has been banned from all contact with the project. Let’s wait and see.

View: https://youtu.be/8WHZlvhMxaI?si=GCzNAFVbjBawIpB4

Last edited:

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Now that the season is over, I can start to see the ORIGINAL story that was buried by the re-edits that came along with the studio's "Good ideas" for it. The original plot probably went a little like:

A jedi knight and his padiwan are tasked with investigating the death of a Jedi Master in the outer rim. Upon investigation, they find evidence that the Master was killed by a force user. The Knight reports this to the council but the theory is dismissed because "Jedi don't go bad." Undeterred, the knight and his padiwan continue their search for the guilty party using physical evidence found at the scene.

This leads them to another murder site that is older than the original scene where another Master was killed while in self-isolation. Clues around this scene, however, show a lack of self-defense wounds and the Jedi Master appears to have been killed via a ritual similar to seppuku. Looking for a connection between the two masters, the knight finds only that they were stationed together 20 years ago on the same outpost as two others (Including the Green lady on the Jedi Council who is dismissive) The final unaccounted for Jedi is still posted to the same outpost, so the knight and his padiwan travel there to warn them.

They arrive before the murderer and talk to the targeted Jedi, trying to find a reason for the spree. While being questioned, the targeted jedi is being unusually cagy and the knight notices via the force that his interviewee isn't being entirely truthful. Before he can dig into that revelation, the assassin strikes and kills the targeted Jedi. During the ensuing battle, the padiwan is given an opportunity for a kill-shot but is stopped short by a feeling of familiarity as his eyes meet the assassin's. This gives the assailant time to escape, but not before projecting a single word into the padiwan's mind; PlanetName.

The padiwan shares this information with his master and they both agree to travel to PlanetName to attempt to recover a trail. Once in orbit, the knight meditates to survey the biosphere below. While in this focused state, he notices something unnaturally gnawing at the back of the padiwan's mind. Upon being asked, the padiwan admits to feeling unease but cannot place the source. Sensing that it might have something to do with the planet, the knight instructs his charge to focus his awareness onto the green ball of life below. The padiwan is immediately hit with a wave of fear and panic that is originating from the western edge of a northern contenent. Failing to sense the distress himself, the knight instructs his padiwan to fly them to the source of the disturbance. Struggling against an overwhelming sense of fight-or-flight, the padiwan lands at a broken and abandoned settlement.

As they leave their ship and start to look around the area, they quickly discover that the area had been pockmarked by not only blasterfire, but lightsabers as well. Approaching one of these saber scars, the padiwan runs their fingers along it and is thrown into a vision of a Green-faced woman swinging her blue blade through a dark-robed figure. Long story short; Padiwan was taken from the village as a child, but the jedi team noticed the village was populated by force users weilding an unknown magic (Force Cult) Deeming it dark, the leader of the jedi team ordered that the settlement and its people be wiped out. (Green lady is fanatical about stemming the flow of darkness) During the ensuing fight, Green lady's padiwan grows upset at the destruction and strikes down one of his fellow jedi and begins a defensive fight that slowly sees his saber go from green to orange to red. Beleiving her turned padiwan dead after a strike to the chest, Green lady snatches the child and retreats with the others to her starship. Yadda yadda yadda, present-day Padiwan strikes down his master and his saber goes red. The assassin then agrees to take the padiwan on as his charge, but mentions that his master must know nothing of their arrangement. CREDITS.

But, then again; What do I know? I'm just some guy on the internet...

Forgot your password?