Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I feel your pain. Up until recently I'd been able to restrain myself. I only had one ship at a time, one LTI ship that I melted down and applied as credit to the next ship ad nauseam until I had a Connie, and then I stopped. "It's just a fallback ship," I kept telling myself as new ships rolled down the pipe. "An LTI Connie is just so I can always make good money and afford the cool ships in game. I don't need it," it referring to whatever blasted beautiful assemblage of pixels and features Robert Satan Industries had concocted to tempt me with that particular day. "I'll get one in game."

Even the LTI P-72 Archimedes didn't tempt me, at first. "Buy six!" sang my heart. "Buy six and turn them all into every ship you ever wanted! Have them all forever! Foreeeeeeeever~" But I stayed firm. Yes, I bought six, but I gave them all away. All to friends who were having trouble affording the game, and felt reluctant to drop beaucoup bux on a ship they could blow up by accident and lose forever. They each bought an Aurora game package, took one Archimedes, and did as I had done - carefully melting and molding it into the ship they actually wanted, now with LTI. And so I was rid of all of the blasted sirens.

All but two.

See, when I bought six of the dratted Temptation Engines, it never occurred to me to check and make sure all of my friends would need one. And as it turned out, two of my friends were more... shall we say, "financially solvent" than I expected them to be, and already had an LTI ship of their dreams. I offered them the damned things anyway - they could use them for store credit, or save them for a rainy day, or anything, just get them away from me - but they smiled, and thanked me for my generosity, and refused. "Keep them," they said, not realizing what they had doomed me to. "You might need them someday."

And that's when they began to whisper to me.

It has been... how long has it been, since that fateful sale? I don't know. Time has no meaning in this place.

But I woke up one morning missing an arm and a leg, and curled up around a receipt. A receipt for a new Endeavor. Someone had written LTI on it in blood.

I still hear the other one whispering.
I know a perfect job for you!!!!!!!
please go to this thread: https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-testie-times-2-0-looking-for-new-people.7684/page-3#post-115886
[EDIT] owww :oops::oops::oops: you have already applied :oops::oops::oops:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Nice. I'm missing a lancer and a Connie in your collection :D
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dammit. Hahaha. I do want both. But I need something to work towards in game.
Although if I get a DUR for exploration, I could just forget about my Carrack...
Just for information, nothing has changed yet - I've kept my fleet of multi-crew-ships, being a singleplayer most of the time. Ah bugger, call it female unreasonableness :D
Hahaha, female unreasonableness. Too funny.
Although I feel the pain. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to play with the big multi crew ships, do I'm wondering if downsizing and just keeping a bunch of smaller ships would serve me better.
Why are ships so hard?
I feel your pain. Up until recently I'd been able to restrain myself. I only had one ship at a time, one LTI ship that I melted down and applied as credit to the next ship ad nauseam until I had a Connie, and then I stopped. "It's just a fallback ship," I kept telling myself as new ships rolled down the pipe. "An LTI Connie is just so I can always make good money and afford the cool ships in game. I don't need it," it referring to whatever blasted beautiful assemblage of pixels and features Robert Satan Industries had concocted to tempt me with that particular day. "I'll get one in game."

Even the LTI P-72 Archimedes didn't tempt me, at first. "Buy six!" sang my heart. "Buy six and turn them all into every ship you ever wanted! Have them all forever! Foreeeeeeeever~" But I stayed firm. Yes, I bought six, but I gave them all away. All to friends who were having trouble affording the game, and felt reluctant to drop beaucoup bux on a ship they could blow up by accident and lose forever. They each bought an Aurora game package, took one Archimedes, and did as I had done - carefully melting and molding it into the ship they actually wanted, now with LTI. And so I was rid of all of the blasted sirens.

All but two.

See, when I bought six of the dratted Temptation Engines, it never occurred to me to check and make sure all of my friends would need one. And as it turned out, two of my friends were more... shall we say, "financially solvent" than I expected them to be, and already had an LTI ship of their dreams. I offered them the damned things anyway - they could use them for store credit, or save them for a rainy day, or anything, just get them away from me - but they smiled, and thanked me for my generosity, and refused. "Keep them," they said, not realizing what they had doomed me to. "You might need them someday."

And that's when they began to whisper to me.

It has been... how long has it been, since that fateful sale? I don't know. Time has no meaning in this place.

But I woke up one morning missing an arm and a leg, and curled up around a receipt. A receipt for a new Endeavor. Someone had written LTI on it in blood.

I still hear the other one whispering.
This is a beautiful story. And exactly what happened to me. Just not so eloquently. Haha.
I know who to call when I need some fuel --- do you supply beer to the ships that refuel with you?
Beer. Talk to Sam for fuel. Ha.
Whenever you're drunkenly buying ships. Give me a shout so I can talk you into buying me one. :D
Haha, don't tempt me. I figured a Cutty Blue to @CrudeSasquatch one drunken night.
I better not show my fleet :D:D:D:D
Redeemer is still on my wish list :)
Me too. So much want!!
You call @Blind Owl for the Beerfarer. He is delivering the junk...äh, alcohol...drinks...well, BEER to my Partyfarer. For fuel you have to...wait - damn, I need a second 'farer :confused::D
We'll convoy. I'll bring beer, you bring fuel.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Last edited:

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
Haha, both are great, although Vomitorium has been misinterpreted:
http://www.history.com/news/hungry-history/vomitoriums-fact-or-fiction

But as a space hospital, with the sole purpose of spewing forth patched up TESTies to through back into the breach...
Brilliant names.
I actually knew that part! The dual-vernacular-meanings of the name was part of why I picked it. I just thought Vomitorium sounded a little... crass? For a space hospital.

I was also contemplating "Purgatory" for similar reasons. 'The place where sins are cleansed by fire,' 'I hate waiting for respawn timers,' needing to purge all that alcohol from your system...

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I actually knew that part! The dual-vernacular-meanings of the name was part of why I picked it. I just thought Vomitorium sounded a little... crass? For a space hospital.

I was also contemplating "Purgatory" for similar reasons. 'The place where sins are cleansed by fire,' 'I hate waiting for respawn timers,' needing to purge all that alcohol from your system...
It IS a little crass.
But this is TEST. So yeah...

Purgatory is great too. Just never mention purging alcohol from our bodies again: that's heresy. Haha ;)

Lexicon

Captain
Aug 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Lexicon
Purgatory is great too. Just never mention purging alcohol from our bodies again: that's heresy. Haha ;)
Of course not. The Adeptus Mechanicus dictates a BAC greater than 0.08 before attempting activation of an Aurora unit. To do otherwise has been deemed heretical.

His Majesty's Barfing Barge "Purgatory" simply exists for those who have reached a higher state of ethanolightenment and require assistance in their worship of the Porcelain Golden Throne.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Of course not. The Adeptus Mechanicus dictates a BAC greater than 0.08 before attempting activation of an Aurora unit. To do otherwise has been deemed heretical.

His Majesty's Barfing Barge "Purgatory" simply exists for those who have reached a higher state of ethanolightenment and require assistance in their worship of the Porcelain Golden Throne.
It's like scripture. Who are you?

;)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Riffing on this, Severe Hangover & Intensive Treatment Station = S.H.I.T.S.
"I was a dumbass and took on a kingship by myself. That move sure gave me the S.H.I.T.S."

Checks out. I'm on board

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
okay. I need reviews of the new size 5 laser cannon, the M7A. I see they haven't fixed the Flashfire mount. so who with BIG ships have played with this?
Flash mounts can only hold S4 weapons? Flashfire for the Hornet is a S5 for a S4 fixed weapon, Flashfire for the Cutlass is a S6 for a S4 gimbal weapon???

Forgot your password?