Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If the Sledge II is overheating, I think they're going to need to fix it in order to have a place for mass drivers. It seems they nerfed it way past reasonable. It is enough that it fires slower and requires heavy ammo. It should be burning less power, generating less heat, doing less damage but providing greater range than the lasers, IMHO. Otherwise what is the purpose?
I concur. As soon as the bug is fixed, I'll play with them some more. In order to mount them on the Sabre, I had to add gimbal mounts to all the hardpoints, so that could make life for keyboard and mouse users quite a bit easier.

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
Good minds think alike I see. I proposed this in a thread awhile ago but not seen any action from the moderators. The easiest solution to this for a ship indication from members is for the moderators to pull spreadsheet of all members listed ships. Ofcourse this would rely on the fact people keep their profile up to date.

Still waiting on a result, think its considered low priority as the word is "between every member there is no shortage of any ship". Regardless it would still be interesting to see.
Staying on your off topic - when I signed up I didn't list all my ships, because even amongst the ones I'm going to keep for sure, they weren't listed as options, haha but I guess as we all know even on an individual basis keeping track of the ships is a bit problematical.
And going even more off- thinking on my guess at ownership, I bet there are many people who have at least one multi crew ship, so by the time this game goes live live there's going to be plenty of scope for the community to explode due to the potential for 'walk on' players to get about. Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy eat your heart out :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Maybe. But probably not. I may end up with a Vanguard (Sentinel or Harbinger), but it won't replace either of my other dogfighters. I'm falling in love with the Sabre, especially the stealth aspect.
Can someone explain the difference between the Hornet Ghost and the Sabre to me, for both are build for stealth operations...?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
If the sensors can find a dude floating in deep space, you can certainly use them to find that expensive piece of kit that's floating out there too - and hunting for recently destroyed ships or derelicts are going to be pretty similar signals, just a matter of time passing.
I've read about a gameplay mechanic that CIG is willing to implement probably with patch Alpha 2.7: once you ejected into space, an S.O.S. signal is sent and you have to let rescue yourself by another user who is willing to do so. And for sure you have to pay him/her :)D) aUEC for that. Means: you don't respawn automatically at the space station (GrimHex or Olisar). What I didn't read: what happens in case you die? Will there be a respawn lock which you can unlock by aUEC or ... ... ....?

The Argo is the next concept sale. I dont need an Argo... do I?
Afaik the Argo is a small supply vessel for mid and large sized ships i.e. for repair operations and will not be able to use jump points or QD.

Last edited:

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
I've read about a gameplay mechanic that CIG is willing to implement probably with patch Alpha 2.7: once you ejected into space, an S.O.S. signal is sent and you have to let rescue yourself by another user who is willing to do so. And for sure you have to pay him/her :)D) aUEC for that. Means: you don't respawn automatically at the space station (GrimHex or Olisar). What I didn't read: what happens in case you die? Will there be a respawn lock which you can unlock by aUEC or ... ... ....?
I heard similar, but with key differences. There will be a timeout period, or you can supposedly opt out of waiting, for someone to pick you up. You cannot die in the ejection pod unless someone Intentionally shoots it. (Big Crimestat for that). If you aren't Picked up by a friend, you will respawn in a medbay at olisar or grimhex or potentially even ArcCorp. (They are supposedly trying to get the stanton system into 2.7). If a friend picks you up, if you are hurt or unconscious or whatever and they have a medbay like the cutlass red does, they can patch you up right there. There also might even be the potential for a friends medbay to be a spawn point if you happen to die/eject and dont get picked up. As far as a friend picking me up, i MIGHT compensate them if it out of their way or something, but if they are coming through after a big battle just picking up other Shamed TESTIES (Ejecting? who does that? we Ride our Aurora's to the DEATH) then i think they should get like a standard fee from the org for doing their job. Personally, i'd more than likely opt for the fastest option and not get picked up by a friend, unless there is some major benefit to it that I haven't yet heard of.

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
Now, don't take my word as gospel, im just going off what i remember from the live streams and other info put out by CIG, and i may have gotten some of it wrong, but from what i recall hearing thats a fairly accurate description of what to somewhat expect, obviously there could be changes made, or it could end up completely different for some odd reason, but to this point, what i stated is what i last heard.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Can someone explain the difference between the Hornet Ghost and the Sabre to me, for both are build for stealth operations...?
I think the Ghost is more for infiltration. Staying hidden, getting close to the enemy, and recording information on their numbers etc.
The Sabre is more if a stealth fighter. Hard to lock on to, able to hit hard and fast, and disappear off your radar again, before hitting again. Hard.

Reactions: StdDev and AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I think the Ghost is more for infiltration. Staying hidden, getting close to the enemy, and recording information on their numbers etc.
The Sabre is more if a stealth fighter. Hard to lock on to, able to hit hard and fast, and disappear off your radar again, before hitting again. Hard.
Hm, okay, thanks. I thought that the Hornet would more be the fighter kind of infiltration vessel whereas the Sabre is more like a hit&run-space craft. I'm not sure if it can be used like its used currently, as a 1:1 superior dog fighter for I have read that the shields will be significantly downgraded by CIG. But its all rumors.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
The Sabre is designed stealth, the ghost is modified to be stealth. The Sabre always will be better stealth with not so good armor, the Hornet will ba a stealthy tank with good armor.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'm really hoping that the Cutty repass is done soon. I can't wait to see how that girl handles and fights as a heavily armed freighter. My very own Falcon.
Hmmmm, the Cutty isn't supposed to be a heavy armed freighter, it's supposed to be a freighter that can fight off some resistance, the Talli is the heavy armed freighter :D
Doesn't matter, I have both just in case :p

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Afaik it still doesn't work. But the last time I tried the cutty was imho v2.3
Still, I guess that the turrets will be fixed later, presumably together with the implementation of the NPC KI...?

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
I hope so. It will make the ship so much more having that extra firepower.
Alright, well in 2.3 i had worked around the broken flashfire by editing the holotable's XML, however in 2.4 they removed it, and it is a currently known bug that the flashfire is broken 100% (on the cutlass), also, i found out that if you put the flashfire on, then remove it and try to put the turret back on the turret will inherit the no power state, and wont even prompt you with a use action anymore.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Alright, well in 2.3 i had worked around the broken flashfire by editing the holotable's XML, however in 2.4 they removed it, and it is a currently known bug that the flashfire is broken 100% (on the cutlass), also, i found out that if you put the flashfire on, then remove it and try to put the turret back on the turret will inherit the no power state, and wont even prompt you with a use action anymore.
Fuck. Well, they're aware of the issue, and we know the ship is getting reworked, so here's praying we see it fixed sooner rather than later.

Reactions: StdDev and AstroSam
Forgot your password?