Elite: Dangerous TEST Squadron

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Yeah, anacondas/python usually have 100k+ bounty, but they are extremely rare, like 1 per day... mostly sidewinders, cobras and eagles.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Yeah, anacondas/python usually have 100k+ bounty, but they are extremely rare, like 1 per day... mostly sidewinders, cobras and eagles.
if you jump into an RES without much big ships spawning, jump out, and jump in again.

they're instanced, so they may refresh the "spawn" list, and you can get a good instance with nothing but big ships. That's actually how I made the last 2 million to upgrade my Vulture into an Asp. Also, it's MUCH easier to kill them with a Vulture, than an Asp.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
if you jump into an RES without much big ships spawning, jump out, and jump in again.

they're instanced, so they may refresh the "spawn" list, and you can get a good instance with nothing but big ships. That's actually how I made the last 2 million to upgrade my Vulture into an Asp. Also, it's MUCH easier to kill them with a Vulture, than an Asp.
I replied before your previous post appeared :)

Yeah, i'll try that. Not sure about vulture - i do not have enough money to afford second ship and i still want to trade, so selling my Asp is a no-go. But as soon as i will have 60m i will get fer-de-lance. Asp is kind of ship you do not want to sell, honestly...

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
if you're feeling saucy, you could always try a conflict zone, you can rack up 500k-1 million pretty quick.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
So i watched some vids (some guys even kill condas in Viper!), read some opinions and decided to get a viper (probably upgrade later to vulture).
I'll still leave Asp in storage (B/C class Asp) because i love it. But it's not so agile at fighting. So i traded another 4mln for viper outfitting.

My plan: http://coriolis.io/outfit/viper/13A3A3A2E3A3A2C0s0s242400032740--

Beam lasers - shields away, multi-cannon - hull damage. But maybe i should reverse that and get bigger MC and smaller BL?

However, i have some issues. First of all, that's power management. Deployed - 103% usage :( Should i cut something? Asp had no issues with power management no matter what you put on it...

Second - mass. If i understood correctly, to fully utilize viper's potential, i need to keep mass at optimal (set by thruster's class?) including fuel, so ideal mass will be ~116T (+4T of fuel).

Crownan

Space Marshal
May 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Crownan
You can fit a viper with all fixed or gimbaled pulse and do just fine against any NPC ship, even elite Anacondas. Just remember to target the mostly unprotected power plant on big ships. Don't forget shield cell banks! You are better off filling your internals with shield cell banks and skipping the armor reinforcements.

103% power is easily solved by just putting cargo hatch and FSD in power group 3 or 4 so they turn off when you deploy weapons. Also, you need to turn off all but one shield cell bank and turn them on one at a time as one bank runs out of charges. I usually stage my shield cell banks in power groups so that when I turn off an empty one, the next one automatically turns on. It depends on your ship power whether this will work for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: lex

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
I have twin large pulase lasers on my vulture, and I drop npc anacondas no problem. The independance from ammo is nice as well.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
I have twin large pulase lasers on my vulture, and I drop npc anacondas no problem. The independance from ammo is nice as well.
Vulture will probably be my next upgrade. Right now i bought almost-fully-A viper and man, i love it. Faced ai Asp and destroyed it with no effort. Still have issues finding enemies (RES usually have clean cargo ships)

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
You can fit a viper with all fixed or gimbaled pulse and do just fine against any NPC ship, even elite Anacondas. Just remember to target the mostly unprotected power plant on big ships. Don't forget shield cell banks! You are better off filling your internals with shield cell banks and skipping the armor reinforcements.

103% power is easily solved by just putting cargo hatch and FSD in power group 3 or 4 so they turn off when you deploy weapons. Also, you need to turn off all but one shield cell bank and turn them on one at a time as one bank runs out of charges. I usually stage my shield cell banks in power groups so that when I turn off an empty one, the next one automatically turns on. It depends on your ship power whether this will work for you.
Had no idea about power levels. Thank you very much!

BTW, my CMDR name is rlex, i mostly play solo, but since there is party sessions, maybe we should try that someday.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Vulture will probably be my next upgrade. Right now i bought almost-fully-A viper and man, i love it. Faced ai Asp and destroyed it with no effort. Still have issues finding enemies (RES usually have clean cargo ships)
Low intensity conflict zones are your friend. Endless streams of enemy ships, all sizes. Combat bonds run from 2k for a fighter up through 36k for an anaconda, and you're basically constantly shooting.

Reactions: lex

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Low intensity conflict zones are your friend. Endless streams of enemy ships, all sizes. Combat bonds run from 2k for a fighter up through 36k for an anaconda, and you're basically constantly shooting.
Man that was fun. Killed bunch of pythons, condas and so on...
I was forced to run away several times due to depleted shields and some guys sitting on my tail while i was hunting bigger targets. Back off, recharge, and back for more shooting.
Still doesn't pay off - i got like 300k reward in hour, trading rares yields way more. Maybe i just need more practice and heavier ship...

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
Quick set of questions regarding E:D
A) will I get it if I get it? ((e.d.)
B) is it a life suck all my time game or can I play and enjoy and leave it for a while and come back and not have totally lost what I had done by various means cause I only have time for a very limited number of those and our beloved unreleased SC holds that main slot
X) will it be good practice for SC

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Man that was fun. Killed bunch of pythons, condas and so on...
I was forced to run away several times due to depleted shields and some guys sitting on my tail while i was hunting bigger targets. Back off, recharge, and back for more shooting.
Still doesn't pay off - i got like 300k reward in hour, trading rares yields way more. Maybe i just need more practice and heavier ship...
nothing pays like trading, but the problem with trading is that the grind is so real it hurts.

Crownan

Space Marshal
May 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Crownan
Quick set of questions regarding E:D
A) will I get it if I get it? ((e.d.)
B) is it a life suck all my time game or can I play and enjoy and leave it for a while and come back and not have totally lost what I had done by various means cause I only have time for a very limited number of those and our beloved unreleased SC holds that main slot
X) will it be good practice for SC
A) Possibly
B) It can be. It depends on you. Nice thing is you can play in Solo mode anytime you want. And you can log off pretty much anywhere, but don't log off in an asteroid field!
C) Not really. Combat is very different and slower. However, in the latest ATV they want to increase the time to kill in SC significantly so it might start to get a bit more even. However, the ships in Elite are generally very much larger than the ships in SC, and move a bit more "ponderously." Even given the same physics, the thrusters in Elite are "fixed" so ship maneuvering feels completely different.

If you can, check out http://www.twitch.tv/mercenarythorrn who is a great pilot in both games.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
nothing pays like trading, but the problem with trading is that the grind is so real it hurts.
A strange game: you need trading to have fun :D
Heard there is some balance tweaks coming in powerplay regarding jobs payout. Not following beta threads, but hope they increase rewards from other jobs to get them on even level.

But for now, back to trading :D

Btw, Diso (shifnaal port or something like this) right now have 50t of cheapo rares in stock almost every hour, Diso -> 39 Tauri will net around 750k per fly. If you have good FSD, you can even skip goods at second cluster (tauri/witchhaul/fujin/etc) and go straight Diso -> Tauri -> Diso. Very fast profit.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Just got a broadcast message: servers will be down in 25 mins for 1.3 launch.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Powerplay is in!

I'm mostly excited for "Lock planets from Systems map" ... but I'll have to rank up my Empire rep and get a few million more first before heading out for exploring.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
A) Possibly
B) It can be. It depends on you. Nice thing is you can play in Solo mode anytime you want. And you can log off pretty much anywhere, but don't log off in an asteroid field!
C) Not really. Combat is very different and slower. However, in the latest ATV they want to increase the time to kill in SC significantly so it might start to get a bit more even. However, the ships in Elite are generally very much larger than the ships in SC, and move a bit more "ponderously." Even given the same physics, the thrusters in Elite are "fixed" so ship maneuvering feels completely different.

If you can, check out http://www.twitch.tv/mercenarythorrn who is a great pilot in both games.
Thanks!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Does NPC bounty hunting even pays off?
I spent 3 hours loitering in zaonce, pulling wanted from hyperdrive and scanning unidentified signals.
Mostly tiny (2-10k) rewards, apart from orca with 22k bounty and python with 120k (was fun to fight).
I earned 200k total, 20k goes for repair/refuel/rearm/etc.
I can earn 2m+ from trading rare goods...

Also here is my "combat" Asp, would love any input... http://coriolis.io/outfit/asp/05B5C5C4E4C5C5C272729291010040400-054c02026j2o24
Depends on the instance you happened to end up in.

If all you are getting are Sidewinders and Vultures, warp out and come back.

I have landed some great ones that kept spawning Anacondas that were 80k to 200k per pop.

lex

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
rlex
Deploy at friday, they said. Nothing can go wrong, they said...

Seems like servers are down. I got connection, but it dropped almost instantly :(

Forgot your password?