[Resource] List of Squad Interest Threads

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
So, I've taken the time to gather all of the current known squad proposals and compiled it into a list in a different thread, and I'm going to mirror it here and the list will be maintained here. This will serve as an important resource to make certain our dear old TEST Squadron does not become bloated with redundant squadrons.

Before starting any new threads about starting a squad with your ideas, please check this list. I don't know what Montoya and the others have in mind, but I'm pretty certain we do not want redundant squads to create unnecessary problems within the organization.

Regarding Leadership of the Squads
Currently, the people who have proposed these squads will not necessarily become the actual leaders of these squads, but if they prove to be qualified for the job, they could very well become a leader. Here in TEST, we operate on a mutual-benefit basis (ex. volunteers), and those who prove themselves to be capable at their jobs will naturally have TEST members gravitate towards them. This is how leadership will likely shake out - organically.

Also, please bear in mind that none of these squads are officially established yet, and will not be established until the Persistent Universe has begun in the late phase of Alpha or the start of the actual PU Beta. These squads are merely being sounded out on the forums for interest, feedback, and refinement.

We've got a whole year and a half before we can actually sink our teeth into the whole of Star Citizen. :)

For additional reading material - and to understand the thinking that's currently driving TEST, I recommend reading through the Sub-Divisions of TEST thread here: https://testsquadron.com/threads/sub-divisions-of-test.3185/

Without further ado, here is the list. This list will be updated as time goes on.

List of Squad Interest Threads by Category

• Leadership (Political)
    • Montoya's Nipples
    • Seung's Diploboat

Request to the Mods: Please sticky this thread!

Last edited:

HellMel

Lieutenant
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Hell-Mel
I think we've probably reached a point where we have enough sub divisions given the number of people that are currently active and the number of professions available. Mind you, that's entirely subjective, but this is totally something that could get out of control if we let it.

Eliyahu

Space Marshal
Feb 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Eliyahu2
Can we get broad category breakdown somewhere in the forums? AKA This:?
  • Exploration/Pioneer

• Logistics/Economy

• Combat Ops

• Mercenary/Freelance

• Field Command (Practical)

• Leadership (Political)

• Other Squads (Miscellaneous)

Reactions: Zaraphandox

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
My minions and I have a team meeting in relation to and for "Bomb Squad" stuffs as we speak :D

All I can really say ATM is it is going to be pretty f*cking epic bros. Stay tuned and remember....

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Oh god, are Montoya's nipples like the hand of Sithis from The Elder Scrolls? "Each hand has five fingers, each finger has a nail"

Reactions: CitizenDad

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Can we get broad category breakdown somewhere in the forums? AKA This:?
  • Exploration/Pioneer

• Logistics/Economy

• Combat Ops

• Mercenary/Freelance

• Field Command (Practical)

• Leadership (Political)

• Other Squads (Miscellaneous)
Seung will probably add the divisions under the divisions category when the time is right. It's too early for that right now.

Waky

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Waky
Hello there friends:
I have been reading a lot about all the divisions/occupations/professions and I do not see myself doing just one thing in the PU. I am the proud owner of a Mustang Alpha wich, as you might know, it's barely a light cargo ship and I am looking for a second ship to buy but I am not sure which to buy next. I think a good idea for people like me is some sort of pool of tasks for the different divisions as support agents. I would love to learn to operate all the different positions in all the ships and help people with need of crew members. For example, someone has a Freelancer but has no turret operator, I am sure I am not the only one in TEST that would love to give a hand.

Just my thoughts, best regards, Waky

Reactions: Zaraphandox

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
Hello there friends:
I have been reading a lot about all the divisions/occupations/professions and I do not see myself doing just one thing in the PU. I am the proud owner of a Mustang Alpha wich, as you might know, it's barely a light cargo ship and I am looking for a second ship to buy but I am not sure which to buy next. I think a good idea for people like me is some sort of pool of tasks for the different divisions as support agents. I would love to learn to operate all the different positions in all the ships and help people with need of crew members. For example, someone has a Freelancer but has no turret operator, I am sure I am not the only one in TEST that would love to give a hand.

Just my thoughts, best regards, Waky
As of right now anything stated inside of the profession sub forum is not binding in anyway. Some things may be enacted, however a few ideas such as groups within the "divisions" such as fighters, gunners etc will still be upheld.

I see no reason for the profession posters to not talk about these sub groups as you said, a few do that I know of but not all. If you think of anything that should be added to a profession feel free to post about it in that thread.

Reactions: Waky

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Dset (Deep Space Exploration Testies) Were a little group that will be exploring and send back information about useful things to the clan, like mining spots, trade routes, populated planets (for exporting)

Forgot your password?