This Week's Concept Sale - MISC Racer The Razor

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
I would keep it for now and play with it. How long will it be until the BMM is flyable? Who knows. Make sure you have a BMM in buyback and IF by the time this particular group of features is finally ready to be implemented the Cat gets no love, then dump it at your leisure and buy back some other shiny. You can fly the Cat soon(tm). The BMM is still a .jpeg.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I would keep it for now and play with it. How long will it be until the BMM is flyable? Who knows. Make sure you have a BMM in buyback and IF by the time this particular group of features is finally ready to be implemented the Cat gets no love, then dump it at your leisure and buy back some other shiny. You can fly the Cat soon(tm). The BMM is still a .jpeg.
Oh I completely concur. There will be no rushed decisions on my part. I've loved the Cat for too long to just give up on her. I want to hear for certain that she's been de-clawed and de-salvaged before I move into rash decisions. I'll just buy the CCU's I need to rebuild my fleet at the xmas sale, and if the time comes to melt, I shall do so.

Reactions: MikeNificent

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So usually they do a price announcement a week beforehand, etc etc. Nothing this time. Which means they wanna surprise us at the holiday stream. That's cool. I like surprises.

So on that note, what have we not mentioned this thread?
We mentioned the MISC racer.
We mentioned the Hurricane (please please please)
Have we mentioned the Eclipse?
And what, pray tell, is the Eclipse.
Have we mentioned the Origin 600?

I'm getting excited.

Killllik

Lieutenant
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Dnaiz
So usually they do a price announcement a week beforehand, etc etc. Nothing this time. Which means they wanna surprise us at the holiday stream. That's cool. I like surprises.

So on that note, what have we not mentioned this thread?
We mentioned the MISC racer.
We mentioned the Hurricane (please please please)
Have we mentioned the Eclipse?
And what, pray tell, is the Eclipse.
Have we mentioned the Origin 600?

I'm getting excited.
It could also be a ship for taking care of the snow on the planets :O new profession confirmed?

eaglemmoomin

Space Marshal
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
eaglemmoomin
You know I think they might not announce one. Instead I think the big thing will be Star Marine and probably something relating to the FPS like drop ships, armours and weapons so people can start to use those mechanics.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Don't know, don't really care. Unless it's ground breaking or a huge upgrade to a next gen fighter from the F7 or Vanguard, I doubt I will get it. I've got my fleet sorted. Heck, they might even bring the Cat back as the sale item with the PTU launch. Now that's it's more than a .jpg, and the changes involved which look to be huge, it's probably a good bet.

For those that do care, I hope that it's something you want and not just a LTI upgrade slot.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It could also be a ship for taking care of the snow on the planets :open_mouth: new profession confirmed?
Space snow removal...via super heating the sun! Never worry about winter again.
You know I think they might not announce one. Instead I think the big thing will be Star Marine and probably something relating to the FPS like drop ships, armours and weapons so people can start to use those mechanics.
Very good point. Perhaps that is exactly why we haven't heard anything. Good thinking.
Don't know, don't really care. Unless it's ground breaking or a huge upgrade to a next gen fighter from the F7 or Vanguard, I doubt I will get it. I've got my fleet sorted. Heck, they might even bring the Cat back as the sale item with the PTU launch. Now that's it's more than a .jpg, and the changes involved which look to be huge, it's probably a good bet.

For those that do care, I hope that it's something you want and not just a LTI upgrade slot.
I also hope this. That it's something amazing and not just more of the same.

agathon_orti

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
agathon orti
Haha, or melt for 300 credits and buy something prettier and more useful . . .like the BMM.
Oh now you blew it.. you could have been the proud owner of a Constellation Taurus that has never been flown before heck i never even used the poopdeck NEVER i tell you.. but now i will.. like no one has ever used a poop deck before.. so i bit you goodbye sir.. i have a important bowel movement to attend to.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Oh now you blew it.. you could have been the proud owner of a Constellation Taurus that has never been flown before heck i never even used the poopdeck NEVER i tell you.. but now i will.. like no one has ever used a poop deck before.. so i bit you goodbye sir.. i have a important bowel movement to attend to.
Shitty deal. :poop:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Great....something else to clog the ship pipeline while our starter ships are just sitting here, desperately needing re-works. But I get it, CIG. I like money too, I guess. At a certain point, however, you will have enough cash and it will be time to stop grasping for funding and start fleshing out an actual game for us to play. You know.....the whole reason we have all these wonderful ships.

(Translation: Stop thinking of new ships to fill niche rolls [in a universe where no real mechanics are in place] and let me fly my goddamn freelancer MAX already!)

Aramil

Admiral
Nov 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Aramil_Lorrathain
Space Unicorns!
A beer specifically designed for 0G consumption!
MegaMaid.....
A space born cheese, which dissables engines by firing the fluff found inside belly-buttons into a crafts intakes......
A moon....wait, thats no moon.....

just speculation of course, could be something completely useless instead......

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
(Translation: Stop thinking of new ships to fill niche rolls [in a universe where no real mechanics are in place] and let me fly my goddamn freelancer MAX already!)
This I do agree with. They make crazy new waw awesome ships.

Yet some of the original ship options do not exist yet. Freelancer Max. Connie Taurus. I bought them because they should have been awesome! They're not awesome because they do not exist and have no ETA or timeline.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
What if its Caterpillar Variants?
I have a sinking feeling that this is how they'll approach modules...
Sigh.
Great....something else to clog the ship pipeline while our starter ships are just sitting here, desperately needing re-works. But I get it, CIG. I like money too, I guess. At a certain point, however, you will have enough cash and it will be time to stop grasping for funding and start fleshing out an actual game for us to play. You know.....the whole reason we have all these wonderful ships.

Concur. Get the old ships up to par.

Reactions: MikeNificent

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I think there will be than one concept. That'll let them have more varied sales. If they have a ship in the $50.00 - $100.00 range and a $100 - $250.00 range, they'll generate more sales. I think the Hurricane is possible, as is Origin 600 series. But I won't be shocked if a surprise, "The all new Scimitar" as a Capital ship, hits us.

It really won't matter to me, though, as my wallet was sealed with 3" of duct tape and thrown upon my roof.

Forgot your password?